How to Steep
Scoop Maté into infuser.
Heat fresh water.
8 FL OZ
Pour water over Maté leaf.
Steep within this time for optimal flavor.
Steep up to 10 times and enjoy different flavor notes.
Traditionally brewed in a gourd and drunk using a special straw (a bombilla in Spanish, bomba in Portuguese), Yerba Maté can be brewed in a coffee maker, French press, or as you would for loose leaf teas.
- Take care not to poor boiling water over your Maté. Boiling water will scorch the leaves.
- Use fresh, cold water. The quality of water will affect the taste of your brew.
- Use a strainer or infuser basket to steep your Maté rather than a tea ball or clamping spoon. This gives room for the whole leaf to fully infuse.
- Remove the Maté from the water after the designated steeping time. Over steeped Maté, or stewed Maté, will create a bitter tasting brew.
- For a stronger tasting brew, simply add more Maté to your strainer or infuser basket before steeping.